Thanksgiving at the Farm

Where do you go on vacation when you live in an RV?  We went to my sister and brother-in-law’s farm in Monroe County, AL…200 beautiful acres right in the middle of nowhere.  You know the AT&T wireless commercial that says they cover 97% of Americans?  Well, we were the other 3%!  No cell phones, no Internet – it was great!

Here are some photos:

Hey, I said it was a farm!

This was my mom’s little red truck – now it’s found new life at the farm.  Aunt Nell and Unk had just finished baling a TON of pine straw when we arrived.

There was lots of napping going on, usually with a couple of animals plastered next to you.

Molly found a nice patch of sunshine.

Thanksgiving just isn’t Thanksgiving without mincemeat pie (the rum and brandy variety).

We went home with 2 stalks of Aunt Nell and Unk’s bamboo – don’t know what we’ll do with it yet…maybe wind chimes.

 

Now back to the real world – actually I prefer to think of it as an alternate reality.  There’s a bank-owned home that’s fresh on the market – we’re going to take a look this morning.  It’s a “handyman special” – that phrase strikes fear in my heart and gets hubby’s adrenaline pumping :o)

Advertisements

About donnahuebsch

I'm a wife, a mom to an unschooling teenager, an animal lover, an artsy craftsy kind of person, & a DIYer. We're embarking on our BIGGEST do-it-yourself project yet - renovating an entire house!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s