We’re still waiting to hear something about our closing. On New Year’s Eve, Jim and I signed a contract extension until Jan. 10th, since the contract was set to expire on 12/31. We haven’t heard a peep.
I know most people probably spent yesterday catching up from the holiday break. When I tried calling our agent, even her voice mail box was full – poor lady!
I’m trying to use this time as an opportunity to do a few things – I got one insurance quote yesterday and am waiting for a second one. We will need to have a survey done to get an elevation certificate so that we can pick up flood insurance. The house is by a little canal, and I don’t think it’s ever flooded, but since it’s in an AE zone, it would be smart to have that.
I also need to line up a company to do the asbestos testing on the popcorn ceiling. Redoing the ceiling will be one of the first chores. I have visions of us being like one of those renovation reality shows on DIY or HGTV where the people break down and cry “I CAN’T DO THIS ANY MORE!”.
I drove through the neighborhood on Sunday and met a couple who live 2 doors down from the house. I stopped and asked them about a homeowners association (there isn’t one – YAY!) and they seemed really nice. Hopefully we’ll be neighbors soon.
And a final note, I’m joing WordPress’ PostADay2011 challenge – I’ve been wanting to post more consistently and also use the blog as a diary for the house renovation, so maybe this will help motivate me!