Another week has gone by, and we still have not closed on the house. The interminable waiting is wearing my patience thin — have I mentioned that I am not a good waiter? All of this waiting for something to happen and having no idea WHEN it’s going to happen feels like Chinese water torture. Just wondering when that next drop of water is going to splat me in the middle of the forehead makes me want to run screaming down the street!
Our agent sent over another extension yesterday which extends the contract until next Friday, Feb. 4th…I think this must be an extension to the 5th power – maybe 6th 😮
She also told me that the listing agent said that they would be receiving the necessary documentation from the IRS on Monday which will show satisfaction of their lien. I will believe that when I see it. We are also waiting to receive the seller’s disclosure which the contract requires that he provides to us. For some reason it has not been made available to us yet, but we will not close until we review it.
So if all goes well, we’ll close by the end of next week. If not, we really don’t plan to do extensions ad infinitum and ad nauseam…it might be time to start house hunting again. I really hope we don’t have to.