House Fate Update

Will we EVER close on the house we want to buy??  Here is an update on the situation.

The one and only thing holding up the closing is that the IRS has slapped a tax lien on the property.  In order for us to get clear title, the IRS has to provide a Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien.  Supposedly they have already agreed to the dollar figure that would be their portion of the sales proceeds.  Now they want the seller to provide some additional information that they apparently need on file when they grant a lien release.

I had a long conversation with Richard, the listing agent, yesterday morning.  He told me that he expected to get the requested documentation to the IRS by the end of yesterday.  He has a direct contact at the IRS who is working on this, and he asked her to PLEASE expedite the procedure.  She indicated that she MIGHT be able to provide the lien release in about a week.  (If you want to know my theories about why it takes the IRS so long to do something, please read my previous post, “What’s Taking So Long?”.  It might be good for a chuckle. :o)

I told Richard that we’d give him until a week from this Friday — that’s 9 days.  If we don’t have clear title by then, we will have to decide what we want to do next.


About donnahuebsch

I'm a wife, a mom to an unschooling teenager, an animal lover, an artsy craftsy kind of person, & a DIYer. We're embarking on our BIGGEST do-it-yourself project yet - renovating an entire house!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to House Fate Update

  1. Aditi says:

    Donna, I wish you all the best !
    I really hope that things fall into place soon and you get to live in the new house and we all get to see at least it’s front elevation . 😀

  2. eof737 says:

    At least, you’ve put him, Richard, on notice.
    Remember Murphy Law? Hang in there and fight the good fight!

  3. Thinking if you give them a scare – like you are going to back out – they may move a bit faster? just a thought

    • donnahuebsch says:

      We have told them that we cannot afford to wait much longer – unfortunately, right now it’s in the hands of the IRS, and the sellers don’t have much control over how long it takes them.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s