New A/C on the Way!

We finally selected a new A/C system for our house – actually TWO A/C systems…2 Trane 3-ton XL16i’s!

We looked at a couple of different brands, but I think what sold us on this particular model was that it has a 2-stage compressor.  It will run on the 1st stage for about 80% of our cooling needs, and for the other 20%, on extremely hot days, it will switch to the 2nd stage.  This allows energy savings and also the unit will run longer and condition the air better – at least, so I’m told 😮

I asked them to schedule the installation on their first available day, so we’re waiting to hear back…very exciting!

This next picture has nothing to do with the house renovation – I just thought it was pretty 😮  This rose bush is just outside our front door, and is producing some beautiful flowers!  I’ve never had an honest-to-goodness rose bush before.


When the bloom fades, it leaves a little bulb-like thing – I’m thinking that these are rose hips…can’t you do something with rose hips? If anyone has a use for them, I’d love to know!

Advertisements

About donnahuebsch

I'm a wife, a mom to an unschooling teenager, an animal lover, an artsy craftsy kind of person, & a DIYer. We're embarking on our BIGGEST do-it-yourself project yet - renovating an entire house!
This entry was posted in Renovation and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s